Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > World > Watch: Pentagon releases footage of US jet shooting down mysterious UFO
World

Watch: Pentagon releases footage of US jet shooting down mysterious UFO

By Mohit Patel Last updated: May 23, 2026 2 Min Read
Share


Watch: Pentagon releases footage of US jet shooting down mysterious UFO
Source: US department of war

A newly released Pentagon video appears to show a US fighter jet taking down an unidentified aerial object over Michigan’s Lake Huron in February 2023, as part of the latest batch of previously classified UFO-related files made public by the US government.The infrared footage, included in a second tranche of declassified records released on Friday, shows an F-16 fighter jet locking onto an unidentified object before what the Pentagon described as a “kinetic interaction” causes it to fragment mid-air.According to a description released by the Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), the footage “appears to depict a kinetic interaction between two distinct areas of contrast”, after which the object fragments “in a radial displacement pattern that suggests a high-energy event”.The video was among 222 files released by the Pentagon on Friday following an initial release of 161 files on May 8 under an order issued by US President Donald Tr\ump. The material includes documents, photographs, audio recordings and 51 videos linked to what the US government officially calls “unidentified anomalous phenomena” (UAP).AARO said the video was uploaded to a classified network in February 2023 with the title: “USAF ANG F-16C … Shoots Down UAP over Lake Huron”.However, the Pentagon also cautioned that many of the released materials “lack a substantiated chain-of-custody”, meaning officials cannot fully verify how the files were handled before being archived.Most of the newly released videos contain grainy infrared footage captured by US military systems between 2018 and 2023.The disclosure also included reports of “green orbs”, “discs” and “fireballs” observed near military facilities dating back to the late 1940s, along with an account from a senior US intelligence officer who reported seeing “countless orange orbs swarming in all directions” during a helicopter mission in 2025.US secretary of war Pete Hegseth said the files had long fuelled public speculation. “It’s time the American people see it for themselves,” he said.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026

‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday pulled up Tamil Nadu electricity board for promising…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Becoming a permanent resident in the US: List of top 10 countries that obtain maximum Green Cards

The new Green Card rule is likely to impact the countries that receive the highest number of Green Cards but…

World
May 23, 2026

Brampton man Gurkanwal Singh pleads guilty after shooting guns from jeep in ‘careless and unsafe’ stunt

A 24-year-old Sikh man has pleaded guilty after videos showing reckless gunfire from a Jeep on Crown land in Ontario…

World
May 23, 2026

Canada’s new immigration policy could let foreign criminals delay deportation — What we know

Foreign nationals convicted of serious crimes in Canada could now delay deportation proceedings under revised immigration tribunal guidelines set to…

World
May 23, 2026

‘Just a normal Friday for an Iranian’: US founder says her wedding in Turkiye got called off

Iranian-origin founder Kiana Ehsani reacts to the new Green Card rule. Iranian-origin US founder Kiana Ehsani reacted to the new…

World
May 23, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?