Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > World > 21-year-old Austrian man sentenced to 15 years for planning ISIS-inspired terror attack at Taylor Swift concert
World

21-year-old Austrian man sentenced to 15 years for planning ISIS-inspired terror attack at Taylor Swift concert

By Mohit Patel Last updated: May 28, 2026 3 Min Read
Share
21-year-old Austrian man sentenced to 15 years for planning ISIS-inspired terror attack at Taylor Swift concert


21-year-old Austrian man sentenced to 15 years for planning ISIS-inspired terror attack at Taylor Swift concert

A 21-year-old Austrian man who admitted plotting a terror attack at a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna during the singer’s Eras Tour has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.The man was identified in court only as ‘Beran A’ under Austrian privacy laws. He pleaded guilty to planning an attack on one of Swift’s sold-out concerts at Vienna’s Ernst Happel Stadium in August 2024. The planned attack could have caused mass casualties.The concerts were cancelled shortly before they were due to begin after Austrian authorities received a tip-off from the CIA about the suspected plot. Nearly 200,000 fans had been expected to attend the three shows. Beran A was arrested days before the concerts. He had become radicalised online and pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group. He had planned to use knives or homemade explosives to attack concertgoers. He also tried unsuccessfully to obtain illegal weapons, including a machine gun and a hand grenade.Court documents stated that he had used an Islamic State video as guidance while attempting to make explosives.During Thursday’s hearing in Wiener Neustadt, south of Vienna, Beran A apologised before the jury retired to consider its verdict.“I would just like to say that I am sorry,” he told the court.Court psychiatrist Peter Hoffmann said the accused showed no signs of mental illness and added there was “no psychiatric explanation” for his radicalisation.Beran A’s lawyer, Anna Mair, argued that her client was “not an ideological mastermind”.The case attracted international attention because it targeted Taylor Swift’s record-breaking Eras Tour, one of the biggest concert tours in history.Swift later spoke publicly about the cancelled Vienna concerts and described the incident as narrowly avoiding “a massacre situation”. A documentary about the Eras Tour also revealed that the singer learned about the alleged bomb plot while travelling to Austria.A second 21-year-old man from Slovakia, identified as Arda K, was also on trial in the same case. Both men of being linked to an Islamic State cell.However, authorities said Arda K was not directly involved in the Taylor Swift concert plot.The pair were connected to plans for attacks in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, as well as other cities in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates.Beran A denied separate allegations linked to those international plots but admitted involvement in the Vienna concert attack plan.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Mohit Patel May 28, 2026 May 28, 2026
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025
At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026
‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday pulled up Tamil Nadu electricity board for promising…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Meet Dusty Langby, the 12-year-old Australian boy preparing to walk 540km to Canberra to raise $1 million for rural children’s healthcare

Photo: Jessica Hromas/AAP PHOTOS At just three years old, Dusty Langby was already learning what it meant to be a…

World
August 12, 2026

Texas avoided a huge electricity crisis and blackout risk, thanks to the massive 20,000-megawatt solar buffer | World News

Solar panel installation, Krugerville. Image Credit: Ken Oltmann/US Department of Energy Texas has relied on its old thermal power plants…

World
August 11, 2026

Meet Japan’s ‘women of the sea’: 80-year-old diver dives into cold waters without an oxygen tank to harvest seafood using a centuries-old tradition | World News

For generations, women along Japan’s Ise-Shima coastline have entered the sea without scuba equipment or oxygen tanks to gather seafood…

World
August 10, 2026

Budapest’s low Danube exposed two German soldiers and a DKW military motorcycle; mud mixed with gas oil preserved identity discs after around 80 years

The most striking discovery was the German military motorbike recovered from the middle of the Danube (Photo-German War Graves Commission)…

World
August 9, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?