Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > Entertainment > Taylor Swift’s Vienna concert: Austrian court sentences attacker to 15 years in prison |
Entertainment

Taylor Swift’s Vienna concert: Austrian court sentences attacker to 15 years in prison |

By Sumitra Patel Last updated: May 28, 2026 4 Min Read
Share
Taylor Swift’s Vienna concert: Austrian court sentences attacker to 15 years in prison |


Contents
Beran A. admits to chargesBeran A. planned attack with knives and explosivesBeran A. planned attack with Islamic StateBeran A. tried alongside Arda K.Court finds pair guilty of attempted murder
Taylor Swift's Vienna concert: Austrian court sentences attacker  to 15 years in prison

An Austrian court on Thursday convicted a man of planning to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna nearly two years ago. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.The state court in Wiener Neustadt, south of the capital, found the 21-year-old defendant, an Austrian citizen known only as Beran A. in line with Austrian privacy rules, guilty on multiple charges including those related to the concert.The concert plot was thwarted, but Austrian authorities still canceled Swift’s three performances in August 2024.

Beran A. admits to charges

His defense attorney said Beran A. he admitted to the charges related to the concert plot during the opening day of the trial last month.In short final words to the court before it adjourned to consider a verdict on Thursday, Beran A. said: “I would just like to say that I am sorry.”

Beran A. planned attack with knives and explosives

Beran A. allegedly planned to target people outside the Ernst Happel Stadium with knives or homemade explosives. Tens of thousands of Taylor Swift fans, known as Swifties, had traveled to Austria to attend the performances of the American singer’s record-setting Eras Tour. Devastated by the cancellations, many gathered in central Vienna to trade friendship bracelets and commiserate.

Beran A. planned attack with Islamic State

Beran A. also allegedly networked with members of the Islamic State group ahead of the planned attack. Prosecutors have said they discussed purchasing weapons and making bombs, and that the defendant also sought to illegally buy weapons in the days ahead of the performance, as well as swearing allegiance to the militant group.Authorities searched his apartment on Aug. 7, 2024, and found bomb-making materials. The concerts were scheduled to begin the next day.“Having our Vienna shows canceled was devastating,” Swift wrote in a statement posted to Instagram two weeks later. “The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows.”

Beran A. tried alongside Arda K.

He was tried alongside Arda K., another 21-year-old whose full name also has not been made public. They, along with a third man, Hasan E., who was arrested and remains in pretrial detention in Saudi Arabia, allegedly planned to carry out simultaneous attacks in Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates during Ramadan 2024 in the name of IS.Only Beran A. was charged in connection with the concert plot. The two defendants were found guilty of charges including traveling and training for terrorist purposes, and being part of a terrorist organization, the Austria Press Agency reported.

Court finds pair guilty of attempted murder

The court also found the pair guilty of contributing to attempted murder, a charge linked to Hasan E.’s alleged stabbing of a security officer in Mecca in March 2024. Hasan E. also attacked and wounded three other officers and a woman before he was arrested, according to prosecutors.Beran A. and Arda K. did not carry out their alleged plans in the UAE and Turkey. Beran A. returned to Vienna and later allegedly began plotting to attack the Swift concert there.Arda K. was given a 12-year sentence. The two men listened stoically to the verdict and the sentencing.Beran A.’s lawyer, Anna Mair, said after the verdict that she would discuss with her client in the coming days whether to accept the verdict.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Sumitra Patel May 28, 2026 May 28, 2026
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025
At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026
‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday pulled up Tamil Nadu electricity board for promising…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan channels old Hollywood glamour in UNSEEN photoshoot from Cannes |

Cannes Film Festival may be over, but Bollywood beauty, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan still keeping her fans hooked with her glamorous…

Entertainment
August 18, 2026

Ravi Teja’s ‘Muduru munda’ remark at ‘Irumudi’ event sparks outrage; fans divided over Telugu phrase

Ravi Teja's 'Muduru munda' remark at 'Irumudi' event sparks outrage Tollywood star Ravi Teja has become the subject of an…

Entertainment
August 17, 2026

Netizens react to Ravi Kishan’s latest song reel with Rishab Sharma

Ravi Kishan sings another devotional song, and here's how the internet is reacting to it. (Image Credit: Instagram) Beloved actor…

Entertainment
August 16, 2026

Sunny Deol film eyes Rs 10 crore milestone, amid Independence Day boost

Batwara 1947 box office collection Day 2 (Image Credits IMDb) The Sunny Deol led and Rajkumar Santoshi directed highly anticipated…

Entertainment
August 15, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?