Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > World > 12-year-old boy faces deportation from US as father refuses to take DNA test to prove citizenship: ‘Thousands of cases like this…’
World

12-year-old boy faces deportation from US as father refuses to take DNA test to prove citizenship: ‘Thousands of cases like this…’

By Mohit Patel Last updated: May 2, 2026 3 Min Read
Share
12-year-old boy faces deportation from US as father refuses to take DNA test to prove citizenship: ‘Thousands of cases like this…’


12-year-old boy faces deportation from US as father refuses to take DNA test to prove citizenship: 'Thousands of cases like this...'

A 12-year-old boy born to a Nigerian mother and a US military serviceman is facing deportation in US after authorities questioned his citizenship.The case unfolding in Alaska has drawn attention because US immigration officials are seeking a DNA test to confirm the boy’s link to his father, a naturalised US citizen who previously served in the military. His father has refused to take the test, the boy’s lawyer said.The child lives in Anchorage and could be deported alongside his mother. US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has asked for genetic proof of paternity.“The child can’t establish he’s a citizen, and right now, the government’s trying to deport him,” Margaret Stock, an attorney with Cascadia Cross Border Law Group in Anchorage, Alaska, told Newsweek.They added: “He’s not in detention yet. They haven’t come and grabbed him and put him in a detention center, but they’ve got him in deportation proceedings. So, it’s really important for him to prove his citizenship in order to stop them from deporting him.”According to the legal team, the boy was born in Turkey to his Nigerian mother while his father, Bolanle Meshach Akinleye was serving in US military. The family later moved to US on a visitor visa.The attorney added that officials are continuing with deportation proceedings despite what she strong supporting evidence, including photographs, videos of birthday celebrations and other personal records showing a father-son relationship.Moreover, a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spokesperson said the boy and his mother were in the country illegally and had not proven citizenship claims.The spokesperson also suggested voluntary self-deportation options, saying, “Parents can take control of their departure with the CBP Home app and reserve the chance to come back the right legal way. The United States is offering illegal aliens $2,600 and a free flight to self-deport now. We encourage every person here illegally to take advantage of this offer and reserve the chance to come back to the US the right legal way to live the American dream. If not, you will be arrested and deported without a chance to return.”This case comes as the US Supreme Court is reviewing challenges to birthright citizenship and a 2025 executive order that aims to limit it. If the court upholds stricter rules, more cases like this could follow, where people may need DNA tests to prove citizenship.The attorney added: “So, if Trump is successful at the US Supreme Court in overturning the 14th Amendment, we’re going to see a lot more cases like this. In fact, we’ll see hundreds of thousands of cases like this.”A court hearing in the boy’s case is scheduled for January 2027, while his mother’s asylum application remains pendin



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Mohit Patel May 2, 2026 May 2, 2026
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Who are Erik Slavin, Lara Korte? Stars and Stripes editor, reporter fired by Pentagon for ‘insubordination’ |

Who are Erik Slavin, Lara Korte? Stars and Stripes editor, reporter fired by Pentagon for ‘insubordination’ |

The Pentagon has fired two journalists at Stars and Stripes after they publicly defended the…

August 22, 2026
Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025
At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Meet Dusty Langby, the 12-year-old Australian boy preparing to walk 540km to Canberra to raise $1 million for rural children’s healthcare

Photo: Jessica Hromas/AAP PHOTOS At just three years old, Dusty Langby was already learning what it meant to be a…

World
August 12, 2026

Texas avoided a huge electricity crisis and blackout risk, thanks to the massive 20,000-megawatt solar buffer | World News

Solar panel installation, Krugerville. Image Credit: Ken Oltmann/US Department of Energy Texas has relied on its old thermal power plants…

World
August 11, 2026

Meet Japan’s ‘women of the sea’: 80-year-old diver dives into cold waters without an oxygen tank to harvest seafood using a centuries-old tradition | World News

For generations, women along Japan’s Ise-Shima coastline have entered the sea without scuba equipment or oxygen tanks to gather seafood…

World
August 10, 2026

Budapest’s low Danube exposed two German soldiers and a DKW military motorcycle; mud mixed with gas oil preserved identity discs after around 80 years

The most striking discovery was the German military motorbike recovered from the middle of the Danube (Photo-German War Graves Commission)…

World
August 9, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?