Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > World > Donald Trump Iran Strategy: ‘Hair on fire’: Donald Trump, Netanyahu call turns tense as both leaders clash over Iran strategy
World

Donald Trump Iran Strategy: ‘Hair on fire’: Donald Trump, Netanyahu call turns tense as both leaders clash over Iran strategy

By Mohit Patel Last updated: May 21, 2026 4 Min Read
Share


Contents
Netanyahu pushes for tougher military approachNew mediation efforts under wayTrump warns diplomacy window could close
‘Hair on fire’: Donald Trump, Netanyahu call turns tense as both leaders clash over Iran strategy

US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a tense phone call on Tuesday over efforts to secure a new agreement with Iran, with differences emerging over whether diplomacy should continue or military action should resume, according to US media reports.As per Axios, Trump and Netanyahu discussed a revised peace proposal drafted by Qatar and Pakistan, with support from other regional mediators, aimed at bridging gaps between Washington and Tehran.One source quoted by Axios described Netanyahu’s reaction after the call by saying his “hair was on fire”.Trump has continued to publicly express hope that a deal can still be reached with Iran, while also warning that military strikes remain an option if negotiations fail.“We’ll either have a deal or we’re going to do some things that are a little bit nasty,” Trump said on Wednesday.Later, he added that talks were “right on the borderline” between an agreement and renewed conflict.

Netanyahu pushes for tougher military approach

Reportedly, Netanyahu remains deeply sceptical of negotiations and wants Israel and the US to resume military operations against Iran to further weaken Tehran’s military and strategic infrastructure.According to CNN, Netanyahu told Trump during the hour-long call that delaying planned strikes against Iran was a mistake and argued for continuing military action. The report said the Israeli leadership is increasingly frustrated with what it views as Iran’s diplomatic “foot-dragging”.Trump had earlier informed Netanyahu that the US was likely to move ahead with targeted attacks on Iran under a proposed operation called “Operation Sledgehammer”. However, within a day, Trump paused the strikes after requests from Gulf allies including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.Trump informed Netanyahu during Tuesday’s call that mediators were working on a “letter of intent” that the US and Iran could sign to formally end the war and begin a 30-day negotiation process covering Iran’s nuclear programme and the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz.

New mediation efforts under way

As per Axios, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Egypt have been actively refining a new draft proposal over recent days. Qatar reportedly sent a delegation to Tehran earlier this week for talks with Iranian officials.Iran confirmed it is reviewing the updated proposal. Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei said Tehran had “received the points of view of the American side” and was examining them.Iran has continued to demand the release of frozen assets and an end to what it describes as US “piracy” against Iranian shipping.Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian stressed diplomacy in a statement, saying, “Iran has consistently honoured its commitments and explored every avenue to avert war; all paths remain open from our side.”

Trump warns diplomacy window could close

Despite ongoing talks, Trump has repeatedly warned that the window for diplomacy could close quickly.“It’s right on the borderline, believe me,” Trump said. “If we don’t get the right answers, it goes very quickly. We’re all ready to go.”Trump also said Netanyahu would ultimately follow Washington’s lead on Iran. “Netanyahu will do whatever I want him to do,” he said.Meanwhile, Israel’s military leadership has maintained a high state of readiness. Israeli army chief Eyal Zamir said the military was “prepared for any development”.The diplomatic efforts come after an April 8 ceasefire halted open fighting between Iran, the US and Israel, though tensions remain high and the Strait of Hormuz continues to face major disruptions affecting global energy markets.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026

‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday pulled up Tamil Nadu electricity board for promising…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Failed 3 H1-B attempts: Indian professional in US says ‘visa anxiety is a permanent subscription’, plans return to be with family

A 29-year-old Indian professional working in US has described the stress of repeated H-1B lottery failures as a “permanent subscription”,…

World
May 21, 2026

“Charlie was about to update his will”: Candace Owens sparks backlash after explosive Charlie Kirk conspiracy claims on livestream

Candace Owens sparked major backlash after a controversial livestream filled with conspiracy claims surrounding Charlie Kirk, criticism of Victor Marx,…

World
May 21, 2026

Pompeii’s 2,000-year-old mystery jars finally revealed by 3D scans: How Romans built them, and why their function remains a mystery | World News

In the ancient ruins of Pompeii, time feels unusually still. Streets, homes, and small shops remain frozen in the aftermath…

World
May 21, 2026

Was Nina Lin arrested? Twitch streamer claims missed $4 scissors scan led to night in jail

Nina Lin revealed on Twitch that she allegedly spent a night in jail after failing to scan a $4 pair…

World
May 20, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?