Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > Top News > ‘Kaithi 2’ title locked? Censor certificate leak triggers buzz for Karthi and Lokesh Kanagaraj’s reunion – Reports |
Top News

‘Kaithi 2’ title locked? Censor certificate leak triggers buzz for Karthi and Lokesh Kanagaraj’s reunion – Reports |

By Sumitra Patel Last updated: February 20, 2026 3 Min Read
Share


Contents
Viral screenshot and teaser talkLokesh Kanagaraj clears delay rumoursSequel to expand the LCU again
'Kaithi 2' title locked? Censor certificate leak triggers buzz for Karthi and Lokesh Kanagaraj's reunion - Reports
A leaked censor certificate has sparked excitement for ‘Kaithi 2’. Fans believe the film might be titled ‘Dilli’, after Karthi’s character. A 30-second teaser is also reportedly mentioned. Director Lokesh Kanagaraj confirmed ‘Kaithi 2’ is planned after his project with Allu Arjun. This sequel will further expand the Lokesh Cinematic Universe.

The sequel to ‘Kaithi’ has created fresh buzz on social media after a screenshot of a censor certificate started doing the rounds online. The image quickly caught the attention of fans and film circles. Many believe it hints that the new film could be titled ‘Dilli,’ the name of Karthi’s character from the first part. However, there is still no official confirmation from the makers. The leak has once again pushed the film into the spotlight and increased curiosity among audiences who have been waiting for an update for a long time.

Viral screenshot and teaser talk

The viral photo, first shared by a fan, shows a censor application reportedly filed by the production house that bankrolled the original film. It also mentions a 30-second teaser, which has added to the excitement. While the document’s authenticity is yet to be verified, fans have started celebrating the possible title and teaser update. Earlier, at a press meet in Chennai on January 26, Lokesh Kanagaraj clearly said that ‘Kaithi 2’ is very much in his plans. He also explained that the film will begin only after he completes his project with Allu Arjun.

Lokesh Kanagaraj clears delay rumours

Lokesh Kanagaraj had also responded to rumours that the sequel was delayed because of salary issues. He strongly denied this, stating money was never the problem. According to him, the delay happened due to practical reasons and scheduling conflicts. During that period, he got a rare chance to work on a script that would have brought Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth together. He spent more than a month on it, but later stepped away when the story did not align on what the two legends were anticipating at this stage of their respective careers. At the same time, Karthi had already committed his dates to another film, making it impossible to start ‘Kaithi 2’ as planned.

Sequel to expand the LCU again

‘Kaithi 2’ is the continuation of the 2019 blockbuster ‘Kaithi,’ which told the story of an ex-convict who helps the police during a dangerous night. The film, led by Karthi, was the first chapter of the Lokesh Cinematic Universe, which later expanded with ‘Vikram’ and ‘Leo’. With the recent leak and fan excitement, expectations for the sequel have only increased significantly.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

HOT NEWS

Rajpal Yadav shares emotional hug with niece during vidai; viral wedding videos surface |

Actor Rajpal Yadav was recently granted interim bail to attend a family wedding, allowing him…

February 20, 2026

Shivakumar’s Comments on Constitutional Amendments Spark Political Row

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar's recent comments regarding the modification of the Constitution to…

March 25, 2025

Gujarat’s ‘Bulldozer Justice’: Crackdown on Criminals Gains Momentum

The Gujarat government has intensified its crackdown on criminals through a campaign termed "Dada ka…

March 25, 2025

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

BTS’ V breaks silence after private messages surface in HYBE–Min Hee-jin legal battle |

BTS member V (Kim Taehyung) has spoken out after private messages between him and former ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin reportedly…

Top News
February 20, 2026

'Do Deewane Seher Mein' & 'Assi' Release Live Updates

Source link

Top News
February 20, 2026

‘Do Deewane Seher Mein’: CBFC removes word from Mrunal Thakur’s scenes with Siddhant Chaturvedi – Reports |

The Central Board of Film Certification recently muted the word 'b***s' in two instances from the film 'Do Deewane Seher…

Top News
February 20, 2026

‘Toxic’ teaser: Rishab Shetty showers praise for the Yash starrer, ‘Kantara’ actor says ‘It’s Gonna Get Crazyyy!!!’ | Kannada Movie News

Rishab Shetty lauded the 'Toxic' teaser, calling it 'crazy' and wishing Yash and the team the best. The teaser showcases…

Top News
February 20, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?