Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > World > North Korea Denuclearisation: ‘Will never happen’: North Korea rejects Quad’s call for denuclearisation
World

North Korea Denuclearisation: ‘Will never happen’: North Korea rejects Quad’s call for denuclearisation

By Mohit Patel Last updated: May 28, 2026 3 Min Read
Share
North Korea Denuclearisation: ‘Will never happen’: North Korea rejects Quad’s call for denuclearisation


‘Will never happen’: North Korea rejects Quad’s call for denuclearisation

North Korea on Thursday strongly condemned the Quad nations’ joint statement calling for the “complete denuclearisation” of Pyongyang, declaring that it would “never” abandon its nuclear weapons programme.The sharp response came days after the foreign ministers of the Quad grouping, India, the US, Japan and Australia, reiterated their commitment to North Korea’s denuclearisation during their meeting in New Delhi on Tuesday.In a statement carried by South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency, North Korea’s foreign ministry accused the Quad of interfering in its sovereign affairs and acting as “nothing but a political and diplomatic tool serving the realisation of US unipolar dominance.”“Explicitly speaking once again, the ‘denuclearisation’ of the DPRK will never happen forever,” a spokesperson for the ministry said, using the acronym for North Korea’s official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.Pyongyang also rejected what it called the “US-led” Quad’s “hostile stance” and urged the grouping to stop “the pursuit of confrontation that undermines regional peace and stability.”

Quad condemned Pyongyang’s missile programme

The reaction followed the Quad Foreign Ministers’ Meeting Joint Statement issued after talks hosted by India in New Delhi on May 26.In the statement, the Quad nations said, “We reaffirm our commitment to the complete denuclearisation of North Korea in accordance with relevant UNSCRs and urge North Korea to abide by all its obligations under the relevant UNSCRs.”The grouping also condemned North Korea’s “unlawful development of ballistic missiles and weapons of mass destruction” and expressed “grave concern” over Pyongyang’s cyber activities allegedly funding its weapons programmes.The Quad further urged all UN member states to implement sanctions against North Korea, including restrictions on arms transfers and procurement.The statement also voiced concern over countries “deepening military cooperation with North Korea,” saying such moves undermine the global non-proliferation regime.South Korea’s unification ministry assessed North Korea’s latest criticism as relatively milder compared to previous years.A ministry official said Pyongyang has long viewed the Quad as a possible model for an “Asian version” of Nato and has repeatedly criticised the grouping.The official noted that unlike last year, when North Korea mainly targeted the US, this year’s response also criticised Japan and Australia while appearing to defend China’s position.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Mohit Patel May 28, 2026 May 28, 2026
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025
At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026
‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday pulled up Tamil Nadu electricity board for promising…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Meet Dusty Langby, the 12-year-old Australian boy preparing to walk 540km to Canberra to raise $1 million for rural children’s healthcare

Photo: Jessica Hromas/AAP PHOTOS At just three years old, Dusty Langby was already learning what it meant to be a…

World
August 12, 2026

Texas avoided a huge electricity crisis and blackout risk, thanks to the massive 20,000-megawatt solar buffer | World News

Solar panel installation, Krugerville. Image Credit: Ken Oltmann/US Department of Energy Texas has relied on its old thermal power plants…

World
August 11, 2026

Meet Japan’s ‘women of the sea’: 80-year-old diver dives into cold waters without an oxygen tank to harvest seafood using a centuries-old tradition | World News

For generations, women along Japan’s Ise-Shima coastline have entered the sea without scuba equipment or oxygen tanks to gather seafood…

World
August 10, 2026

Budapest’s low Danube exposed two German soldiers and a DKW military motorcycle; mud mixed with gas oil preserved identity discs after around 80 years

The most striking discovery was the German military motorbike recovered from the middle of the Danube (Photo-German War Graves Commission)…

World
August 9, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?