Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > World > Who is Mohammed Omar, $90-million fraud suspect in Minnesota, who jumped from balcony to evade FBI arrest?
World

Who is Mohammed Omar, $90-million fraud suspect in Minnesota, who jumped from balcony to evade FBI arrest?

By Mohit Patel Last updated: May 22, 2026 3 Min Read
Share
Who is Mohammed Omar, -million fraud suspect in Minnesota, who jumped from balcony to evade FBI arrest?


Who is Mohammed Omar, $90-million fraud suspect in Minnesota, who jumped from balcony to evade FBI arrest?
One of the 15 men, charged in the $90 million healthcare fraud in Minnesota, fled on foot when FBI agents went to arrest him.

A man jumped from a fourth-floor balcony when FBI agents went to his house on Thursday to arrest him in connection with a $90 million fraud case in Minnesota. Immediately, the agency addressed a press conference, released the dramatic footage of an accused fleeing on foot holding a shoe in his hand and sought public tip to nab him.Assistant Attorney General for the National Fraud Enforcement Division Colin McDonald said, “I would encourage the public to help turn this man in to face justice for the fraud that he has perpetrated. And now, to face the additional charges for seeking to flee from law enforcement and seeking to obstruct justice by virtue of his conduct today.”

Who is Mohammed Omar?

Mohammed Omar has been charged with a count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, and four counts of health care fraud.Prosecutors say he worked with another man, Ibrahim Bashir Abdi, to create North Home Health Care and Omar opened another company, South Home Health Care. The companies were registered with Minnesota’s Housing Stabilization program.Authorities say the men would falsify and inflate the number of service hours provided by North Home. Officials say some of the patients they were reportedly caring for were actually hospitalized and others were dead. Omar and Abdi pocketed $3.2 million based on those false claims. Omar received an additional $480,000 through claims from South Home.Charges say the men also sent some of the money overseas to buy property in Kenya. Disabled individuals were used like lottery tickets by these 15 men to generate millions of dollars and with that money, they bought luxury vehicles and splurged on expensive jewelry.“This was the cost of the early intervention development program in 2020. It was $38.1 million. This is what we expected to be paying every year,” explained Secretary Kennedy. “Instead, this year it hit $442 million. … [That’s] the magnitude of the fraud and the damage that we’re talking about today.”“It got so out of hand, that there was panic setting in,” said Dr Oz. “It was at that point that we re-engaged the process and realized there were programs that had been created here with massive spending that had increased so rapidly that there’s no way to save the program.”



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Mohit Patel May 22, 2026 May 22, 2026
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Keep these 8 foods at your desk for the 4 pm hunger attack

Keep these 8 foods at your desk for the 4 pm hunger attack

Sometimes the 4 pm craving is simply a sign that you have not eaten enough…

August 19, 2026
Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025
At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Meet Dusty Langby, the 12-year-old Australian boy preparing to walk 540km to Canberra to raise $1 million for rural children’s healthcare

Photo: Jessica Hromas/AAP PHOTOS At just three years old, Dusty Langby was already learning what it meant to be a…

World
August 12, 2026

Texas avoided a huge electricity crisis and blackout risk, thanks to the massive 20,000-megawatt solar buffer | World News

Solar panel installation, Krugerville. Image Credit: Ken Oltmann/US Department of Energy Texas has relied on its old thermal power plants…

World
August 11, 2026

Meet Japan’s ‘women of the sea’: 80-year-old diver dives into cold waters without an oxygen tank to harvest seafood using a centuries-old tradition | World News

For generations, women along Japan’s Ise-Shima coastline have entered the sea without scuba equipment or oxygen tanks to gather seafood…

World
August 10, 2026

Budapest’s low Danube exposed two German soldiers and a DKW military motorcycle; mud mixed with gas oil preserved identity discs after around 80 years

The most striking discovery was the German military motorbike recovered from the middle of the Danube (Photo-German War Graves Commission)…

World
August 9, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?