Font ResizerAa
The Popular StoryThe Popular Story
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Search
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • World
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 MP Media. All Rights Reserved.
The Popular Story > Blog > Top News > Meghan Markle’s wedding drama resurfaces as Prince Harry recalls finding her ‘sobbing on the bathroom floor’
Top News

Meghan Markle’s wedding drama resurfaces as Prince Harry recalls finding her ‘sobbing on the bathroom floor’

By Sumitra Patel Last updated: May 20, 2026 4 Min Read
Share


Contents
The pressure Meghan Markle faced before her wedding dayThe bridesmaid dress dispute with Princess CatherineEight years on from the royal wedding
Meghan Markle's wedding drama resurfaces as Prince Harry recalls finding her 'sobbing on the bathroom floor'

Meghan Markle’s glamorous royal wedding to Prince Harry may have captivated nearly two billion viewers worldwide, but the days leading up to the ceremony were reportedly marked by significant emotional turmoil behind palace walls. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrated their eighth wedding anniversary this week, reviving public fascination with the lavish 2018 ceremony at St George’s Chapel in Windsor, where guests, including Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney, watched the couple tie the knot.However, according to a RadarOnline report, the final days before the wedding were far removed from the fairy tale image presented to the world.

The pressure Meghan Markle faced before her wedding day

One royal source told the outlet that the emotional strain Meghan was under in the lead-up to the ceremony was considerable. “She was preparing to marry into one of the most intensely scrutinized families on the planet while every detail of her appearance, behavior, and relationships was being dissected globally,” the source said. “People close to the situation say there were moments where the emotional strain of trying to navigate royal expectations, family tensions, and relentless media attention became incredibly overwhelming for her.”The source added that the tensions that emerged in those final days were symptomatic of deeper issues already quietly developing within the family dynamic. “The clash over the dresses ended up representing deeper issues that were quietly developing within the family dynamic long before the public became aware of the fractures between Harry and the rest of the royals.”

The bridesmaid dress dispute with Princess Catherine

According to Harry’s memoir ‘Spare’, Catherine contacted Meghan four days before the ceremony to raise concerns about Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid dress, describing it as “too big, too long and too baggy.” Catherine reportedly believed the dress needed to be remade entirely rather than simply altered, and said Charlotte had cried after trying it on. Harry later wrote that he returned home to find Meghan sobbing on the bathroom floor following the exchange.The dispute became one of the most discussed controversies surrounding the wedding after early reports suggested Meghan had reduced Catherine to tears. Meghan later disputed that account during her 2021 interview, insisting the “reverse happened.” She confirmed there had been a tense situation but said it “wasn’t a confrontation,” adding that Catherine had subsequently apologised and sent flowers. “I don’t think it’s fair to her to get into the details of that, because she apologized,” Meghan told Oprah at the time.Royal author Tom Quinn later offered a more measured account in his book ‘Yes, Ma’am: The Secret Life of Royal Servants’, writing that both women said things they later regretted but that it was “all in the heat of the moment.” Tailor Ajay Mirpuri, who worked on the bridesmaids’ dresses, also said he did not witness any explosive confrontation firsthand. “They were faced with a problem, as anyone gets at a wedding, with last-minute hitches,” he said.

Eight years on from the royal wedding

The tensions surrounding the 2018 wedding have remained a source of ongoing public fascination, particularly given the Sussexes’ estrangement from the Royal Family since stepping back from royal duties in 2020 and relocating to Montecito, California, where they are raising their two children, Archie, seven, and Lilibet, four. Eight years on, the anniversary appears to have brought those behind-the-scenes moments back into sharp focus once again.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

Mohit Patel: The Visionary Mind Behind MP Media, Monax, and The Popular Story

In the competitive era of digital media, branding, and youth culture, very few names are…

April 23, 2025

At AI Summit, PM Modi’s nameplate carries a ‘Bharat’ message | India News

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the plenary session at the AI…

February 19, 2026

‘Who will pay for it?’: SC raps Tamil Nadu govt for promising free electricity; flags ‘freebie’ politics | India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday pulled up Tamil Nadu electricity board for promising…

February 19, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Rakul Preet Singh on forgiving ‘one-time cheating’; Ayushmann Khurrana and Sara Ali Khan back her

During promotions for 'Pati Patni Aur Woh Do', Rakul Preet Singh said "one-time cheating" can sometimes be forgiven, but stressed…

Top News
May 20, 2026

Billy Joel refuses to share life and music rights to upcoming biopic surrounding him; calls it ‘legally and professionally misguided’

Billy Joel will not be giving music rights for a script that is not authorized by him. The legendary singer…

Top News
May 20, 2026

Ranveer Singh film Rs. 3.65 crore from Rs. 1,150 crore ahead of OTT release

Aditya Dhar's 'Dhurandhar 2: The Revenge' steps into Day 63 with its JioHotstar OTT premiere officially announced for June 4,…

Top News
May 20, 2026

Timothée Chalamet and Kylie Jenner split rumours debunked after fake social media post goes viral

Rumours of a split between Timothée Chalamet and Kylie Jenner have been doing the rounds online, but they are entirely…

Top News
May 20, 2026
Copyright © 2020 MP Media All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?